TCP connection over GPRS between Openmoko and Notebook

Christophe M meumeu1402 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 18:36:16 CEST 2009

That's a simple/client server communication ...You will just have to open a
port on the server side nat to route it to your server ( even if you use
openvpn, ssh, ... you'll have to do it )
A second solution, if you can't translate a port in the nat is using a third
computer reachable from anywhere wich "organise" the transfer, both
freerunner connect at this third machine as client and the machine make the
transmition.
Protocol is at you convenience, making a client/server in  Qt4 isn't
difficult and is well documented ( if you need help, you can contact me )

2009/9/2 Matthias Huber <matthias.huber at wollishausen.de>

> Michael Tansella schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > How can I establish a communication connection (I want to transfer Text)
> from
> >
> > A:
> > Freerunner
> > GPRS Vodafone Germany Connection (IP behind NAT)
> > Qt program that sends for example coordinates

> > B:
> > Linux Notebook
> > GPRS Vodafone Germany Connection (IP behind NAT)
> > Qt program that processes the received Data immediately
> >
> > I want to implement this in a QT4 program and thought about TCP
> > but how can I get a "global" accessable IP address.
> > Does there already exist any tool that can do this?
> > Do I have to use SSH, VPN, HTTP, FTP, ...? Unfortunately I don't know
> much
> > about networking stuff such as NAT etc. , can you just give me a hint,
> how to
> >

> i recommend you to use openvpn. i am doing this on my fr with no
> problems at all.
>

> --
> Matzehuber

Qalee website :