Launcher - v 0.35 Release (inbuilt contacts, sms and phonelog)

Dan Staley daniel.l.staley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 19:43:19 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 9:10 AM, c_c <cchandel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> vendion wrote:
> >
> > With that I was able to access contacts, which are acting weird
> >
>   Can you open a terminal and try the following commands?
> 1. mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.opimd /org/freesmartphone/PIM/Contacts
> org.freesmartphone.PIM.Contacts.Query {}
>
> This will return something like /org/freesmartphone/PIM/Contacts/Queries/1
>
> 2. mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.opimd
> /org/freesmartphone/PIM/Contacts/Queries/1
> org.freesmartphone.PIM.ContactQuery.GetMultipleResults 5
>
> 3. This should print out your contacts as returned by opim. Can you send me
> the output of your final command and the /home/root/.launcher/launcher.db
> file?
> Thanks.
>
> vendion wrote:
> >
> > I was also able to almost use the SMS application, crashed when I hit the
> > "Reply" button.
> > Error: org.freesmartphone.PIM.InvalidBackend - This backend does not
> > feature add_message
> > Segmentation fault
> >
>   You need to change the message domain to sqlite-messages to use the opimd
> services. Please do that and retry.
>  In fact try it with this binary.
> http://n2.nabble.com/file/n3566595/launcher launcher  This has a couple of
> fixes to prevent segfaults on some conditions like this.
> Thanks.
> --

I'm also getting some weird behavior with the binary you listed above.

1.) Whenever I attempt to send an SMS, Launcher segfaults.
Running from the command line, I don't get any info when it actually
segfaults...just a segfault.
2.) All of the calls in the call log are shown twice with the same timestamp
3.) I still dont get any cell broadcast info (but this isnt a big deal to
me.  I assume the towers here just don't broadcast anything of interest)
4.) When "jumping" in the contacts list, Launcher seems to jump to the wrong
location.  When I click a letter it jumps to a completely different area in
the list of contacts.

Suggestion:
1.) Scrolling through the contact list is very hard.  This would be
alleviated alot by not allowing the user to click on the contact. (Like in
the default SHR-contacts)  Just have a separate button for opening up the
options for the selected contact.  I keep opening up contacts that I dont
want to while scrolling.  Also possibly take out the Head picture on each
contact?  That might also improve scrolling.
2.) When creating a message, have the place where text is going to be input
already selected.  When trying to select the text box to type, it is very
close to the send button and hard to click.

Thanks for all the hard work c_c!

-Dan Staley