QtMoko images V8

undrwater undrwater at verizon.net
Wed Sep 2 20:13:02 CEST 2009

Bartłomiej Zimoń wrote:

> Thats right ! sorry it's /etc/init.d/qpe ;)
>
> Bartek

Here's the contents of /etc/init.d/qpe

> #!/bin/sh
> echo '1' > /proc/sys/kernel/printk
> rm -rf /var/run/ppp
> mkdir /var/run/ppp
> mkdir -p /var/cache/apt/archives/partial
> echo 1 > /sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-gsm.0/power_on
> . /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env
> atd /var/spool/at
> qx_helper &
> qpe 2>&1 | logger -t 'Qtopia' &

2nd reboot enabled the Bluetooth BTW.  I'll test, but does this allow audio
over GSM?

Other problems / question / comments:
* Speakerphone does not work (or maybe it's too silent?)
* I like the quick contacts search thingy, but the side bar is too narrow.
* Pictures - can't browse for picture directories or individual pics for
Homescreen (used to be able to do this)
* Calendar - wishing for a week view, and eventually some kind of sync with
(everything?)
* Keyboard - I'm not sure I like the keyboard replacement - but maybe I just
need to get used to it

Anyway, this feels much better than Qtopia or QTExtended ever did.  Plus we
get X!

Russell Dwiggins