[Shr-Devel] I'd like to add some packages to the feeds

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 11:34:39 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 11:14:26AM +0200, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
> Angus Ainslie wrote:
> Fine with me, but what is gpsd for? are you planning for an fso-less
> environment and no fso-gpsd in the SHR feed?
> If you are interested in the clients only, why not make an gps-clients
> package...
>
> spaetz

When talking about gps utils, what about good old agpsui? I liked it for
testing purposes and options like cold reset, warm reset etc. Probably
new options like drop fso-agps data (as in shr-settings) would be nice.
http://projects.openmoko.org/projects/openmoko-agpsui/

Also Angus, you're author of btGPS too, aren't you?
http://www.handheldshell.com/software/fso/BtGPS.php
I've tested it with some nokia phone, because it has maps and its without gps
receiver, but it didn't work. First there was problem with some /sys
paths or something which i solved by running commands issued from
BTgps.py by hand with right paths, but still that nokia timeouted when
waiting for gps position (I checked that I had a fix and was sending
some gps data over rfcomm line). Is there something special about bt-gps
protocol? Or its not standard at all? I haven't found neither specification
or at least nokia-specification.

Thanks

uin:136542059                jid:Martin.Jansa at gmail.com
Jansa Martin                 sip:jamasip at voip.wengo.fr