Wifi driver stability improved -- wrong patch reverted

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 13:43:34 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Paul Fertser<fercerpav at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I remember you were testing the fsoraw method and indeed proved that it
> doesn't work properly with the latest kernel. After some discussion we
> reverted the offending patch and now the latest SHR kernel should provide
> the same level of stability as .28.
>
> Please try again and report the results.

I'm not sure but latest SHR kernel seems to be
2d158aae9d8d36f575504f59884ed8e80802efe2, and that does not include
the wifi revert.

I built a3587e4ed77974adfb057af261aaeea4022018e8 and commented the HTC
line suggested in your patch, and my freerunner crashed, but anyway I
played too much with my oe tree and I'm quite sure I was wrong
somewhere (as the HTC line is on a different position than your patch
suggests). I'm going to rebuild again and report.

Regards

     Nicola