[shr-u] mplayer with glamo and audio working?

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 14:32:25 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 07:13:07AM -0500, Mario Huelsegge wrote:

> c_c wrote:
> >
> >   After trying both the mplayer-glamo and the mplayer-low versions I can
> > say that neither really seems to solve the issue.
> >   Probably more tuning of mplayer is required - or perhaps there is
> > another problem that needs fixing. Playing 320x240 (prescaled and rotated)
> > with sound seems about ok. Anything bigger creates issues.
> >   The video playing part needs a lot of work - and there aren't too many
> > people interested (or so it seems :-)
> >

> generally i find the mplayer-glamo very promising. without audio,
> i can play a reencoded 320x240 file with 10% cpu, compared to
> 50% with the normal mplayer. so it is worth a try.
> i guess the pre-built version i use has just some problem with audio.
>  if this is solved, performence should be much improved.
> i hope there are some other people interested in tv series on the
> neo out there :)

You can try updated mplayer with rebased glamo patch. Works for me.

patch for shr/import here:
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2009-July/051593.html
or package request in shr trac
http://shr-project.org/trac/ticket/593

I use it for watching few video podcasts sometimes.. but without
touchscreen gestures is still problematic to use (I need pause, seek,
fullscreen toggle, quit, maybe volume control).

I should try intone-video or some other gui instead of using mplayer
from terminal :).

uin:136542059                jid:Martin.Jansa at gmail.com
Jansa Martin                 sip:jamasip at voip.wengo.fr
JaMa