[SHR] Default routes - gprs have priority over usb :-(

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Fri Sep 4 15:28:20 CEST 2009

I like to have gprs connected. (auto-download map tiles on the road,
possibly also agps)

But gprs is slow and may cost, so I want usb networking to take
precedence when possible. And wifi over that, when it is available.

Now, wifi takes precedence over usb, because the default route
for usb networking has metric 8. And the wifi default route has
no penalty at all.

But it looks like gprs also don't have a penalty, so it is preferred
over USB. I can work around by shutting down gprs, but that is
inconvenient.

Is there a simple way to permanently give the gprs route
a metric of more than 8?  Looks like this has to be
done in the "route" command, but I have not found where
gprs actually sets its default route.

Helge Hafting