Launcher - v 0.35 Release (inbuilt contacts, sms and phonelog)

KaZeR kazer at altern.org
Fri Sep 4 17:27:07 CEST 2009

c_c wrote:

>   You need to change the message domain to sqlite-messages to use the
> opimd services. Please do that and retry.
>   In fact try it with this binary.
> http://n2.nabble.com/file/n3566595/launcher launcher  This has a couple of
> fixes to prevent segfaults on some conditions like this.
> Thanks.

I tried to reply a message and got the following issue :

Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Python.AttributeError - Traceback (most recent
call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/service.py", line 702, in
_message_cb
    retval = candidate_method(self, *args, **keywords)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/framework/subsystems/opimd/pimd_messages.py",
line 975, in Add
    if not PIMB_CAN_ADD_ENTRY in backend.properties:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'properties'

Segmentation fault

messages_default_backend is set to SQLite-Messages. Do i need a particular
minimal version of the framework? i'm a bit behind the latest updates.
Otherwise i'll try to update and see if it fixes the issue.

Also, i have a suggestion about messages : would it be possible to display
the message list from the bottom? I mean, the messages are well ordered, but
it would be better to display the latest, in the bottom like it is, but with
the view scrolled to the bottom of the list.. Otherwise you have to scroll
down to the bottom when you want to read the latest one. I hope it's clear
:)

BTW, thanks for this another useful program. I'm quite impressed by the
contact list (which is eventually usable thanks to its jump feature) and the
messaging app (with its sorted messages).