Vibetime

Christian christian at exinto.de
Fri Sep 4 21:47:15 CEST 2009

Vibetime is a shell script that tells the current time using the
vibrator. The idea is that you can activate the script while the
Freerunner is in your pocket (via some hardware button) and you know the
time without looking at the screen or taking it out of your pocket.

The vibe scheme is as follows:

First there are between 1 and 12 "vibes" depending on the current hour,
then there is a short pause and after that between 1 and 4 "vibes"
depending on the quarter of the hour (4 meaning between 0 and 15 minutes).

Please extend this script if you like it!

An idea someone could perhaps implement: The application could be
activated by "tapping" the freerunner twice (registered via the
accelerometers). This could perhaps be possible using
wake-on-accelerometers...

By the way: I thought about this application already some years ago when
I got my first symbian phone. Of course, such an application was not
possible at that time. Now it is just a small shell script you can write
in some minutes!