Small improvements suggestion to intone

c_c cchandel at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 5 13:18:52 CEST 2009

Hi,

Laszlo KREKACS wrote:

> 1. In the song list, switch between
> filename/Artist/Song Title/Album view

  Would it be fine if I put an option for this in the settings page? Its not
likely to be used often.

Laszlo KREKACS wrote:

> 2. Different ordering possibility, aka. improve the shuffle button
>
> * Order by filename (as it does currently)
> * Order by album
> * Order by Artist
> * Order by Title
> * Shuffle the list

  Will implement these soon.

Laszlo KREKACS wrote:

> Party mode

  Will take some time.

Laszlo KREKACS wrote:

> * play only the next song, and stop OR
> play one song infinitely

  Will implement soon.

Laszlo KREKACS wrote:

> 4. When adding new songs dir, should be a list view,
> where it lists all added dir, and could also remove add to it.
> (I already suggested it)

  Almost done - testing it now.

Laszlo KREKACS wrote:

> 5. Implement minimal lyrics editor (MOST IMPORTANT;)))
> (I already suggested)

  Will take a little time.

Laszlo KREKACS wrote:

> It would be also really usefull as it could autoscroll the
> list.

  Will need some experimenting and so will take some time.

Laszlo KREKACS wrote:

> 6. Implement in the lyrics view zoom in and zoom out button

  Will implement soon

Laszlo KREKACS wrote:

> 7. Future idea: Implement effects for the music.

  For simple Karaoke effect, one of the channels is inverted, both channels
are mixed and sound is played back mono. This is going to require intone to
move to playing the songs itself (decoding and sending sound to alsa pcm).
Also, I'm not sure if the FR can handle this much in realtime. Same goes for
other DSP effects. I'm going to need some pointers here from DSP guru's.
I've just about managed to get a guitar tuner going on the FR - and its slow
- but usable.

Laszlo KREKACS wrote:

> By the way c_c, do you also need this layer manipulating
> demo program?

  Frankly, i haven't gotten around to it. I'm cleaning up some code and
getting the song dir view going (actually almost done). Once this is over,
I'll finish off the simpler tasks - which should be soon.

  Keep the ideas coming. It just takes one interested person to get nice
ideas into a program. Thanks.

Davide wrote:

> And don't forget my "songs are not scanned" bug :)

  I cant seem to find the reason. Can you send me the one song that is
creating issues? I can only think of the tags (where I'm not doing any
checking) that could create such an issue. But I'll need it to test.