Small improvements suggestion to intone

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 13:31:58 CEST 2009

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 1:18 PM, c_c<cchandel at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  For simple Karaoke effect, one of the channels is inverted, both channels
> are mixed and sound is played back mono. This is going to require intone to
> move to playing the songs itself (decoding and sending sound to alsa pcm).
> Also, I'm not sure if the FR can handle this much in realtime. Same goes for
> other DSP effects. I'm going to need some pointers here from DSP guru's.
> I've just about managed to get a guitar tuner going on the FR - and its slow
> - but usable.

No need to be real time. We could generate them
(ie converting music, please wait...), and play them as simple music files.

It is not often used, just for fun, so no problem if it has its cost.

>> By the way c_c, do you also need this layer manipulating
>> demo program?
>>
>  Frankly, i haven't gotten around to it.

Ok, I will cook up a demo program for it.

>  Keep the ideas coming. It just takes one interested person to get nice
> ideas into a program. Thanks.

Ideas are only coming if you *use* the app, and see what could be different.
If you dont use it, no useful ideas are turning out;)

 Best regards,
  Laszlo