QtMoko - i there a gps application included?

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 15:26:19 CEST 2009

Hello,

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 8:23 PM, Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:

> Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
>
> > QtMoko: one other question: is there a gps application included?
> >
> > I did try to start tangoGPS (though something called "OX"), but it
> > just seems to unstable to use. It quits all the time.
>
> Hmm this is strange, because it works for me and some other people.
> But it's known problem, that there is not much memory left for X
> applications. Having swap on /dev/mmcblk0p4 could help.

Ok, so I need a swap partition too?
I better get myself a new sd card then, the original 512MB one doesn't have
very much space free (I just created a single partition on it).
How big shoud this swap partition be?
The only thing I can find on thw wiki about Swap is this:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/SwapSpace
and it talks about a swap file, not a swap partition.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen