cellhunter - openbmap - opencellid revisited... (was Re: CellHunter is moving to a new server)

Thomas Landspurg t.landspurg at 8motions.com
Sun Sep 6 10:15:50 CEST 2009

  Hello Risto,

 That's exactly the objective.There is a clear difference and
complementarity between a general purpose database and the
"CellsHunter" game for instance. The good news is that we are
progressing well with CellsHunter to integrate their database.
Currently the integration has been done once but I hope to integrate
this much easily soon...
  I still hope to convince OpenBMap to don't recreate another database
focused on OpenMoko but use and improve a general purpose project. I
am sure that that's the spirit of Onen, but it seems that we had some
communication issue that I should be solved soon.
  The final benefit, at the end, is to provide the best not in only in
term of coverage but also in terms of accuracy database.

  As a reminder, we are open to any suggestion on how to imprement the
API, features, missing fields, etc.....