opimd: a bug (?) and how to list missed calls?

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak seba.dos1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 21:58:27 CEST 2009

On 9/6/09, arne anka <openmoko at ginguppin.de> wrote:
> i fetched the frameworkd source tar ball from
> http://www.freesmartphone.org/sources/ and build a primitive deb package,
> because i try to figure out opimd.
> but i still get the same errors as with the old version:
> for a lot of methods i get an exception and
>
> num_id = int(rel_path[1:])
> ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
>
> seems like rel_path is always an empty string -- and it probably is not
> supposed to be so.
> so, where should that string come from?

It's supposed to be. You have to use for instance
'/org/freesmartphone/PIM/Contacts/0' dbus path while referring to
contact with ID 0.

> another question: how do i get a list of missed calls?
> there's no method with a name looking like it would do that (but a lot
> with names not really comprehensible to me: Skip, Rewind, GetCallPaths,
> Dispose). same thing for messages and contacts.

In pseudocode:
querypath = org.freesmartphone.PIM.Calls.Query({'Direction':'in', 'Answered':0})
//querypath is now something like /org/freesmartphone/PIM/Calls/Queries/0
// on that path:
print org.freesmartphone.PIM.CallQuery.GetMultipleResults(org.freesmartphone.PIM.CallQuery.GetResultCount)
OR:
for i from 0 to org.freesmartphone.PIM.CallQuery.GetResultCount:
  print org.freesmartphone.PIM.CallQuery.GetResult()

> oh, and btw: where does one get python-phoneutils?

In libphone-utils git repo, src/python directory IIRC.

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak
dos