Contacts from Nokia N70 to opimd with PISI: no phone field

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak seba.dos1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 17:00:36 CEST 2009

On 9/7/09, Michael Pilgermann <KichKasch at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> although, this is not the standard way of storing phone numbers; I filed a
> bug to address this issue (as I do not want to start this discussion again).
>
> There will be another option in the config file for opimd PIM sources with
> the next release, which shall indicate whether to prefix phone numbers
> automatically in opimd when syncing.
>
> Michael

I seem to remember that discussion and someone pointed to tel: being
valid and standard way of storing phone numbers (with some nice link
proving that). Anyway, that's standard which opimd follows with many
features (like normalizing phone numbers when comparing) and if PISI
(or any other opimd client) isn't doing that, then it isn't really
supporting opimd :x

--
Sebastian Krzyszkowiak
dos