QtMoko - how do I get WiFi working?

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 19:28:37 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 8:19 PM, Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:

> Otherwise command line works just fine:
>
> iwlist scan

This worked the first time, but not after that. Now it just says:
neo:~# iwlist eth0 scan
eth0      Interface doesn't support scanning.

Why does it do that?

> iwconfig eth0 essid type_your_essid_here
> udhcpc eth0

In my case, I am using WPA / PSK. So I should use something like this:
wpa_supplicant -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -ieth0
udhcpc eth0

Is that correct?

When I try this:
wpa_supplicant -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -ieth0

I get:

ioctl[SIOCGIWRANGE]: Input/output error
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCGIWSCAN]: Input/output error
ioctl[SIOCSIWSCAN]: Input/output error
Failed to initiate AP scan.
ioctl[SIOCGIWSCAN]: Input/output error