[SHR-Today] Accept call without unlocking

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 9 02:08:47 CEST 2009

The reason for downgrading is simple - 2.6.29 doesnt work for gsm - the
error is similar to the one reported for GPS (rxerr) a while back.  I
just flashed uboot back over qi - no wsod yet, tough need a few more
resumes to be sure.

Paul F. has worked with me on on it at one point - his take is I have a
faulty GSM chip - my thoughts are that it works with certain
combinations, not others which means to me something is not being
handled correctly.  There were a lot of changes in handling serial ports
between 2.6.28 and 2.6.29 - I am slowly going over them in order to see
whats changed in regard to getting GSM operating.

BillK

On Tue, 2009-09-08 at 16:29 +0200, Sebastian Krzyszkowiak wrote:
> On 9/8/09, Jens Seidel <jensseidel at users.sf.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> 2.6.28 - never been able to get GSM working on 2.6.29 so thats not an
> >> option.
> >>
> >> WSOD happens when using Qi, not when using uboot.  But uboot may need
> >> multiple boot attempts before even 2.6.28 will talk to the gsm chipset,
> >> whereas Qi is reliable - something is not getting initialised properly
> >> somewhere.
> >
> > Funny, it's opposite for me. I used until yesterday 2.6.29 together with
> > uboot but switched back to 2.6.28 and now the WSOD vanished. Great!
> >
> > With 2.6.29 WSOD happened very often (I would say in 50% of all cases).
> > Don't remember GSM status with 2.6.29 (works great with 2.6.28), used it
> > in the past mainly as PDA.
> >
> > Jens
>
> BTW. Why are you playing with kernels instead of using ditribution
> one? I understand playing with 2.6.31 RC kernels, but downgrading?
> SHR-unstable comes with latest andy-tracking. If something doesn't
> work in this kernel, then it has to be reported, debuged and fixed,
> instead of just switching back and being quiet about that!

Home in Perth!