Evopedia 0.2.2

Marc Bantle openmoko at rcie.de
Wed Sep 9 14:56:53 CEST 2009

Hi,

after I got myself a bigger SD-card, I
was able to give evopedia a try and I'm
quite impressed.

Christian Reitwießner schrieb:
> Evopedia version 0.2.2 has been released. The major new feature is an
> interactive map of articles.

Quite an interesting view of wikipedia
on a map. I was a bit surprised to find
Brasilien (Brasil) right next to river
Neckar ... with evopedia the explanation
was only one click away: [1] :-)

> Images for this map are automatically taken
> from downloaded map tiles of tangoGPS or from
> Openstreetmap.org if these
> cannot be found (and you are online).

Nice idea, to reuse the tiles from tangogps.
I have collected quite a few of them by now
in different tango gps map repo (mapnik, cycle).
Unfortunately evopedia doesn't honor, when
I switched to another, even after a reboot.

I couldn't find a way to make the map move
to my current gps position even though I saw
some code to read it via pygps (which is
installed). Is there a link somewhere to
center map around current position as in
tangogps or should the map automatically
follow?

Cheers,
Marc

[1] http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brasilien_(Scheinanlage)
(A fake train station of the nazis, to attract allied
bombers in world war 2. It's code name was Brasil.)