Wireless Signal Power Levels...

John Dowd jdowdster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 16:16:00 CEST 2009

I've been working with the wifi aspect of the Openmoko trying to setup for a
SIP based phone system.

One problem that I've been having that someone pointed out is that the signal
levels may be one problem that I'm running into. When I have a wireless
connection and I do a "iwconfig" on the Neo side, the signal level is being
shown at -147dBm. Apparently that is very low and the expected working level
should be around -90dBm.

I'm running the AP (Access Point) using hostapd on PC with a USB wireless
dongle so I do have access to the AP and settings.

My question is: is the signal level really a problem and is there a simple
configuration setting that I can use to try and fix it?

Cheers!!
--
"To Err is human, to forgive is NOT company policy."

John Dowd
S/W Contractor
email: jdowd at gmail dot com
Cell: (613)316-7884