Launcher - v 0.35 Release (inbuilt contacts, sms and phonelog)

KaZeR kazer at altern.org
Wed Sep 9 17:21:43 CEST 2009

c_c wrote:

> Hi,
>
> KaZeR wrote:
>>
>> Is it because of an outdated framework?
>>
>   Yup, you'll need the latest SHR updates. WHat issues are you having -
> things seem to be working fine for me.

It was related to the GSM device not being available. I haven't yet been
able to pinpoint why exactly (i was getting 'No Service').

c_c wrote:

> KaZeR wrote:
>>
>> Is it to be able to use the headset in phone calls?
>>
>   Yes. (kind of) auto reconnect of bt headset on resume.

Do you plan to make a nice integration to switch to BT headset for calls?
Would be.. amazing.

Ok, i upgraded and i tested launcher a bit more.
- you can't send a sms to a raw number? The contact has to be in the address
book?
- it could be useful to edit a contact from the contact selection dialog.
Sometimes you see a contact, and think "ah, i made a typo in his name" or
"ah, this number isn't valid anymore"
- when sending a sms, the send dialog doesn't close. You have to press
cancel? The console output shows that it sent the message (the number is
printed)
- the jump menu is bugged : B works, E leads to the 2nd contact starting by
E, with M my first 'M' contact is the forelast in the display, and starting
from P it's wrong. Could it be because you assume that my contact list is
split homogeneously between letters? (10xA, 10xB, etc? )

I'll try the BT part in train later today.

Thanks again!