Interesting Linux development for lower resources machines from Con Kolivas

Thomas White taw at bitwiz.org.uk
Wed Sep 9 18:09:37 CEST 2009

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 15:27:13 +0100
Joseph Reeves <iknowjoseph at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Now for someone to find the time to try this ;-)
>
> I applied the latest BFS patch to the andy-tracking branch of the
> kernel but it wouldn't build - probably an indication of my noob
> kernel skills rather than the applicability of the patch, however.
> Would also be very interested if someone else got this to work ;-)

Here's my first stab at getting the patch to apply to our kernel, done
against drm-tracking but applicable to andy-tracking as well.  Your
milage may vary - I don't really know my way around these parts of the
kernel, and I may have just "done it wrong", but it compiles (with a
couple of warnings) and boots for me:

http://www.bitwiz.org.uk/openmoko/BFS-andy-tracking-and-drm-tracking-BARELY-TESTED.patch

Tom

--