Wireless Signal Power Levels...

Alex (Maxious) Sadleir maxious at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 18:25:03 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:16 AM, John Dowd <jdowdster at gmail.com> wrote:

> My question is: is the signal level really a problem and is there a simple
> configuration setting that I can use to try and fix it?
>
> Cheers!!

There's two things you can do to increase this:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Wifi#Anecdotal_solutions

1) "wmiconfig -i eth0 --power maxperf" is said to reduce the level of
power management. This is an okay tradeoff - I have to use it to get
stable reception at a longer range.

2) "iwconfig eth0 power off" I haven't had to do this one and it looks
more drastic but you can try and see if it increases the signal level.