[SHR-unstable] Failing to get a GPS fix on FSO. Ublox works..

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Wed Sep 9 22:06:03 CEST 2009

Hi!

1) install latest SHR unstable
( 2) upgrade)
2) install omgps

-> now when you try to get a fix with only omgps (using ublox), it
works in a reasonable time (30-50s or so)
But trying to find satellites with the SHR settings -> Position it's hopeless.
I've put it on manual & on. It keeps me waiting for ages with all the
fields showing 'unknown' except Fix that shows invalid or something
like that..  And no fix for minutes if ever.
And the same goes with Tangogps (using FSO) - no fix..

Removing AGPS data - is there a rule the visibility of the button
follows? Sometimes it's there when I start the position, sometimes
it's gone.

Anyway: I think something weird's happening in FSO gps interface.

Anyone experienced the same?