Interesting Linux development for lower resources machines from Con Kolivas

Thomas White taw at bitwiz.org.uk
Wed Sep 9 22:41:42 CEST 2009

On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 17:43:49 +0100
Joseph Reeves <iknowjoseph at gmail.com> wrote:

> Great, thanks Tom, I'll have a look at that later. Does it seem to
> make any difference for you?

It's difficult to say, really.  I haven't done any "scientific" tests,
but it feels a little faster in some areas (suspend/resume, Illume
sliders and toggles), and pretty much the same in most other places.
I think it'll vary a lot depending on what userspace you're using,
though.  I thinkg that things other than scheduling are limiting the
interactivity in my setup (Xorg KMS, SHR).

Tom

--
Thomas White <taw at bitwiz.org.uk>