Launcher - v 0.35 Release (inbuilt contacts, sms and phonelog)

KaZeR kazer at altern.org
Thu Sep 10 11:08:53 CEST 2009

c_c wrote:

> Hi,
>
> KaZeR wrote:
>>
>> Do you plan to make a nice integration to switch to BT headset for calls?
>> Would be.. amazing.
>>
>   If you have a paired bt headset, launcher should autoconnect the bt
> headset for you on resume.

What for? Music playback or calls?

c_c wrote:

> KaZeR wrote:
>>
>> - when sending a sms, the send dialog doesn't close. You have to press
>> cancel? The console output shows that it sent the message (the number is
>> printed)
>>
>   Done.

Well, in fact i think it still could be better : i'm fine with the 'Sending
in progress icon' which was replaced by a sent icon in your previous binary.
On the other hand i dislike the 'Message was sent' popup. I would rather
rely on the icon to know if it was sent or not.
E.g : i write a message in the subway, no network : the message seems to be
recorded only if it was sent. So i can't reply to several messages, because
when i close the conversation view with a given contact, i have no way of
seeing back my previous message which was waiting to be delivered.

So, my three wishes about sending (which only reflect my own point of view
:) ):
- record (and display the appropriate icon) messages which were sent but not
yet delivered
- when pressing reply, refresh the conversation view so that the reply gets
in it place in the thread
- do not diplay a popup which needs to be acquainted to confirm message
delivery

Also, i have an issue (i already had it with the previous binary), here's
the pattern:
- start launcher
[A]
- reply to a message : it gets delivered and confirmed
- reply to another message : it doesn't get delivered. When exiting the
conversation, message is lost forever
- restart launcher
- goto [A]

Reproducible 100% of the time for me.

c_c wrote:

> KaZeR wrote:
>>
>> - the jump menu is bugged : B works, E leads to the 2nd contact starting
>> by E, with M my first 'M' contact is the forelast in the display, and
>> starting from P it's wrong. Could it be because you assume that my
>> contact list is split homogeneously between letters? (10xA, 10xB, etc? )
>>
>   Well, the genlist takes time to build - and showing a contact works
> properly after that. I'm going to add categories for contacts. That should
> reduce the size of the list and make the jump better. Any ideas on how to
> improve it?

What about filtering the contact list? Since the list seems to be loaded in
memory, you could pre-build 26 sub-lists for each letters when loading the
adressbook, no?

Thanks for your other fixes/implementations :)