Evopedia 0.2.2

Christian christian at exinto.de
Thu Sep 10 11:58:53 CEST 2009

Marc Bantle schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> after I got myself a bigger SD-card, I
> was able to give evopedia a try and I'm
> quite impressed.
>

> Christian Reitwießner schrieb:
>> Evopedia version 0.2.2 has been released. The major new feature is an
>> interactive map of articles.
>
> Quite an interesting view of wikipedia
> on a map. I was a bit surprised to find
> Brasilien (Brasil) right next to river
> Neckar ... with evopedia the explanation
> was only one click away: [1] :-)
>
>> Images for this map are automatically taken
>> from downloaded map tiles of tangoGPS or from
>> Openstreetmap.org if these
>> cannot be found (and you are online).
>
> Nice idea, to reuse the tiles from tangogps.
> I have collected quite a few of them by now
> in different tango gps map repo (mapnik, cycle).
> Unfortunately evopedia doesn't honor, when
> I switched to another, even after a reboot.

That's a good idea, I'll add a dropdown menu where you can select the
tile repo used.

> I couldn't find a way to make the map move
> to my current gps position even though I saw
> some code to read it via pygps (which is
> installed). Is there a link somewhere to
> center map around current position as in
> tangogps or should the map automatically
> follow?

I have not implemented that feature for the map yet, also because there
is an open bug concerning fso-gpsd and pygps. It will be in the next
release. The code you mention was used in the previous version and will
be used again in the next version.

Thank you for your feedback!

Kind regards,
Christian