[SHR-U] Paroli working now

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 12:55:07 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:32 PM, Marcel <tanuva at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On automatic startup via paroli-autostart package, Paroli shows this to
> me:
>
> "can't init service Wifi :
> org.moblin.connman.Error: .InvalidProperty"
>
> Tried again by restarting paroli without reboot in between, then the
> error doesn't occur. Enabling wifi from paroli-settings seems to work,
> although "Networks" doesn't show any of them while iwlist scan is
> successful. Already had that problem on 2009t5...
>
> wifi.py 108 wifi     INFO     setting power of wifi device
> [...]
> wifi.py 116 wifi     INFO     new status active
> [...]
> wifi.py 200 wifi     INFO     power active
>
> BTW: "Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup()
> without pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged"
> is damn annoying. Just need to say that once again. :/

Im not sure we should do all settings in paroli.
The paroli-settings application was always meant
to be independant (but style matching) to paroli.

So I dont know the right place of wifi enabling/disabling, managing
is in paroli settings. Maybe we should reduce the settings to
change wallpaper(not implemented), color costumization (not implemented yet),
ringtone, volume adjustement, pin code enable/disable, roaming settings,
gprs settings, and thats about it.

Time settings, wifi Im not sure at all, paroli has any business in
these domains...

Anyway I should raise this question to the paroli mailing list, and see
what other paroli developers think.

In short: Im not really interested fixing wifi management inside paroli,
as I dont see a future of this setting.

Can you manage to get wifi working by other method? (shr settings, anything).

Best regards,
 Laszlo