2.6.31 is out, where is my ultimate kernel?

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 13:06:36 CEST 2009

Hi!

I just want to notice the list that the 2.6.31 final kernel is out.
Everybody was
waiting for it, to be able properly merge all patches floating around.

So I expect with the new kernel the following features:
* KMS
* BFS scheduler
* imporved wifi
* improved gprs
* improved resume time
* improved battery management, aka "dump battery" support
* No WSOD anymore for sure (not even in cold/warm or temperature change)
* improved everything.

Can the kernel developers let the community know, when new important
things happens? Is the new git structure is already in place?
Is the patches are revisited and cleaned up for the new kernel?
What patches didnt go upstream?

There are *many* interesting questions, which can be interested
to us, non kernel hackers.

Btw, who are the people behind it, who is responsible for what?
Some kind of summerization, and updates about the process
would be more then welcome on this link. (I think others agree
with me).

So start flow a bit of information to us, mortals....;)

Best regards,
 Laszlo