Web site promoting open hardware?

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Sep 10 17:00:49 CEST 2009

While looking for new hardware, I noticed that all the open hardware
I know, I discovered it by accident while reading some mailing-list.

Is there a web site somewhere that kind of centralizes this info to try
and make it easier for openness-conscious consumers to find
appropriate hardware?  Of course, there are various notions of "open
hardware", so there might be parts of the site for hardware-hackers, for
example, but I'm more interested in a web-site for end-users.  Also it
might include hardware that is not itself open source, but where the
company states a clear commitment to Free Software principles.

I.e. a site that links to things like Openmoko, Qi, AlwaysInnovating,
maybe Lemote, OpenPandora, ...

Any hint?

        Stefan