2.6.31 is out, where is my ultimate kernel?

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Thu Sep 10 17:04:58 CEST 2009

William Kenworthy wrote:
> Qi, uboot or both?  I am using a 2.6.28 kernel and only get WSOD when
> using Qi.  After booting using Qi, suspends often give flashes on the
> screen after it has gone dark, but before it suspends or as it actually
> powers down.  This does not happen on uboot
>
> I know Qi (and uboot) are not supposed to affect anything after its
> passed control over to the kernel, but it looks like its not presetting
> something that uboot does, and the kernel doesnt know about.
>
> I am happy that after swapping between uboot and Qi every week or so,
> that Qi, or something it does, or doesnt do allows WSOD's to occur.
>
> So if you get WSOD's, can you state here if you are using Qi, and if
> they stop when using uboot.
>
> If I am not the only data point for this, it might be easier to fix if
> others can add their input.  If I am not alone in this observation, I'll
> add it to the bug tracker.
>
> BillK
My experience with qi so far is very good. I use qi for quite some time
now and with latest shr-u kernel i get no WSOD at all. My last WSOD was
months ago. I use suspend all the time and also do longer suspend
periods like 4 days in a row and never experienced any problems. I
update shr every few days.
I don't know which version of qi i currently have flashed but it is
around two months old.

Ciao,
     Rainer