[shr-u] first impressions

Michal Brzozowski rusolis at poczta.fm
Fri Sep 11 08:51:08 CEST 2009

2009/9/10 Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org>

> I "hate" gestures, the potential of conflicts between them and apps is
> huge.
>
> Under your scenario, consider a drawing program... you will need an "edit"
> mode and "gesture" mode (think vi edit and command modes).
>
> Same for almost every graphical app, in fact...

I can argue with you only if you install Litemoko, try your programs and
name the ones that conflict with the gestures. Otherwise it's totally
pointless.

I "hate" when someone says "this won't work" without trying it. It kills any
creativity.

> But I will check Litephone, if anyone can assure me it works at least as
> well as current shr-u as a phone :)

I've been using it for over 5 weeks everyday.

I'm glad not everyone shares your approach. Otherwise developers would be
the only users of their apps.