OT: Where can I meet a female companion with similar interests and personality /in person/?

Atilla Filiz atilla.filiz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 22:31:32 CEST 2009

My personal experience as a soially disfunctional geek is typically avoiding
people just to avoid awkward greetings with people I barely know, but have
nothing to say besides simple "hello". Moreover, I hate socializing on IRC
or MMORPGs , talking with random people I will never meet. Mailing lists and
newsservers are great as I can properly write(and receive back properly
written) messages to(from) people I share common interests(OM group is not
random people).

> Keep beeing happy and stay behind your computer.
> Thats what I should have done from the beginning.

I don't agree with this. Life is full of adventures, and trying to speak
with girls, and failing big time is one of them. I have a small number of
close friends, and all the rest of my peers are either people I know through
them or people I work with. I met my girlfriend at the university, she's not
as geeky as me but we have small set of common interests(engineering,
science fiction, technology ...). She was one of my friend's classmates. I
was so shy that I told her I like her by typing on my cell phone and making
her read it. And guess what, it worked! We are together for 7 years now.

So go ahead and live your adventure, get your heart broken, repair it, and
get it broken again.

PS: I like off topic messages in groups like these as long as they are not
very common and properly marked as OT.
Atilla Filiz
Eindhoven University of Technology
Embedded Systems, Master's Programme