Dbus api for gta2 accelerometers

Ivo van den Maagdenberg ivo.vdmaagdenberg at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 19:50:26 CEST 2009

2009/9/12 Michael 'Mickey' Lauer <mickey at vanille-media.de>

> On Saturday 12 September 2009 09:56:08 Ivo van den Maagdenberg wrote:
> > Anyone able to show how to read out the accelerometers through d-bus? I
> > tried looking it up on http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Dbus_device_API but
> > did not find references to the accelerometers.
>
> What's your usecase? Since very recently, we provide
>
> http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=specs.git;a=blob_plain;f=html/org.freesmartphone.Device.Orientation.html;hb=HEAD
>
> The use case is as follows: take the openmoko and make it a cycleway shock
measuring platform, utilizing the accelerometers. So, direct reads from the
are going to be needed. The gps unit is of course of interest to make the
measurements location-based.

I am not yet up to speed with the fso stack. Is it possible to explain why
the fso direction to read out data from the accelerometers was abandoned? I
could understand the argument that constantly reading out the accelerometers
would hog the cpu and probably would also drain the battery very easily too.
Switching the readout on and off through by fso interface command and
reading them out would be a natural thing to have, but as said, I have not
implemented a single line of code in the fso domain :)