Debian first experience made a bit easier...

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Sep 14 03:42:49 CEST 2009

>    Or more precisely, for "$DISPLAY on fso-controlled device" at runtime,
> not installation time. I think that mess will be larger than that of having
> two icons, menu items or whatever the launcher makes of it, for the user to
> choose between.

The solution is to use a scheme where the blanking code and the
application use a standard protocol to sync-up.

AFAIK, there is such a protocol already (which is hopefully used by all
tools like VLC, Xine, mplayer, totem, at least when in fullscreen
mode).  So mokomaze should use it.  And the FSO side should also
support it.

        Stefan