Need a SIP based phone application

John Dowd jdowdster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 16:06:36 CEST 2009

On Monday 14 September 2009 09:41:41 m k wrote:
> there is a repo to get linphone from:
>
> /repos/mazikeen/fso-milestone5/ipk/armv4t<http://www.google.com/bookmarks/u
>rl?url=http://openmoko.truebox.co.uk/repos/mazikeen/fso-milestone5/ipk/armv4
>t/&ei=b0OuSvC5BIuCoQP1qvylDA&sig2=DXiPCcdvLtcV6EH7ZZsp9g&ct=b>
>

> using opkg install linphone linphonec linphone-rings and This Page
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Linphone to setup via linphonec i managed to
> log into http://iptel.org/ and even got it to play some nice music to me by
> dialling the test number - but ..
>
> this only works by using the stereoout.state. As soon as i switch to
> voip-statefile there is no way to get as much as a blip out of linphone :(
> The same statefile worked under Debian using Twinkle so i have no clue
> whats different.

Thanks to everyone who replied and you were all very helpful. It looks like
linphone is the app of choice simply because it installs as is with the SHR-
unstable packages right now. I actually don't need the audio to work, I just
need the SIP protocol stack to work. Linphone seems to do that although the
GUI is a bit messed up on the Neo display. There is a lot of text crowding and
improper sizing of the various dialog windows and icons but I can live with
that for now.

Apathy would be nice if it was actually available but it seems to be a bit of
a ways out for a delivery to the SHR-unstable package list.

Twinkle seems to only be available for a debian system and I'm not about to
try and tangle with package importing right now.

Cheers!!

--
"To Err is human, to forgive is NOT company policy."

John Dowd
S/W Contractor
email: jdowd at gmail dot com
Cell: (613)316-7884