[ETK] Problem running etk hello world.

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Wed Sep 16 02:48:48 CEST 2009

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 17:52:49 +0200 "Adolph J. Vogel" <ajvogel at tuks.co.za> said:

> I`m trying to run some of the examples from enlightenment trunk on my laptop
> with pyhton-etk installed, but it appears i`ve been a naughty programmer. :)
>
> *** ECORE ERROR: Ecore Magic Check Failed!!!
> *** IN FUNCTION: ecore_evas_window_get()
>   Input handle pointer is NULL!
> *** NAUGHTY PROGRAMMER!!!
> *** SPANK SPANK SPANK!!!
> *** Now go fix your code. Tut tut tut!
>

> Certainly one of the most creative tracebacks i`ve ever seen, but meaningless
> to me. Does anybody have an idea to rectify this?

the input part is null - that means likely it created the ecore_evas canvas
+window but this failed and return asnt checked. something else checked it and
was unhappy spanking he who wrote the code for not checking. so a create
failed. could be because of missing engine, missing api support for than env or
more. this can depend on your efl build and what it enabled when things compiled

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com