MokSec - Status Report: backtracker, pentesting tools

Alex Oberhauser oberhauseralex at networld.to
Wed Sep 16 10:52:51 CEST 2009

Hi guys,

hopefully you know about our security project MokSec [1]. In the last days I
have worked a little bit on it and I will try to continue my work also during
the university term.

== Backtracker [2] ==

Our main project at the moment. It will be a tracking system of our lovely
device, also known as anti theft application.

- Implementing the information gathering part:
        - GSM serving and neighbour cells.
        - SIM phone book and dialed numbers.
        - IMEI/IMSI GSM model/revision.
- Improving the backend
        - Storing the informations in a sqlite3 database.
        - Compressing the database.
        - Logging to a file
- Easy to use
        - Written all in python, no cross compiling needed
        - Using a configuration to save information which could be changed

- Writing a web interface to display the received information
        - OpenStreetMap included
        - Easy change of the style of the website to CSS.
        - Written all in HTML/python/CSS

The next step will be to integrate the save part into the main program (at the
moment the save part starts on his own). After the program works well on the
device I will work on the kernel part to hide the application from the
userspace.

== SecApp - Pentesting Applications ==

Actually not the main work, but I need pentesting application on my
Freerunner, so I have decided to cross compile all the stuff which I need and
make a opkg/ipkg package. This packages will be stored on [3].

That's at the moment the main parts on which I work at the moment. If somebody
wants to help a little bit out I'm very happy.

Regards

Alex

---
[1] - http://moksec.networld.to