For all ya BFS (brain fuck scheduler) lovers out there

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Wed Sep 16 11:29:55 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 09:21:10PM +1200, Robin Paulson wrote:
> 2009/9/14 Paul Fertser <fercerpav at gmail.com>:
> > Read all the details at [1] and to try it on your devices, simply do:
> >
> > mkdir /debug
> > mount -t debugfs none /debug
> > echo NO_NEW_FAIR_SLEEPERS > /debug/sched_features
>
> how often, if at all, will this get returned to the default value?
>
> every reboot?

Yes.

> has it been overwritten already, by a reboot? it looks like it has

I added the following to /etc/fstab:

debug			/debug		debugfs auto

Then I added a script to activate it as soon as possible:

root at om-gta02 ~ $ cat /etc/rc5.d/S02debugfs
#! /bin/sh
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

if [ -f /debug/sched_features ] ; then
	echo NO_NEW_FAIR_SLEEPERS > /debug/sched_features
fi

So now I have:

root at om-gta02 ~ $ cat /debug/sched_features
NO_NEW_FAIR_SLEEPERS NORMALIZED_SLEEPER WAKEUP_PREEMPT START_DEBIT AFFINE_WAKEUPS CACHE_HOT_BUDDY SYNC_WAKEUPS NO_HRTICK NO_DOUBLE_TICK ASYM_GRAN LB_BIAS LB_WAKEUP_UPDATE ASYM_EFF_LOAD NO_WAKEUP_OVERLAP LAST_BUDDY

Rui