[shr-u] wakeuptime, was Re: 2.6.31 is out, where is my ultimatekernel?

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 16 23:03:05 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 16 September 2009, Steven ** wrote:
> I'm using SHR-Unstable (updated/upgraded this morning).
> I hear 3 rings on the sending line before the Neo rings if it is
> suspended.  Even when it's awake, the Neo doesn't ring/vibrate until
> shortly after the second ring on the sending line.
> This is all with the debugfs tweak (which I don't think sped anything
> up for me).
>
> Perhaps this delay is caused by my network though?

Possibly. I've heard such a delay when calling a friend's phone to find out
where he left it, and that was a Nokia or S-E. You may be able to enable
logging of the messages from the GSM module, and keep an eye on them as the
call is received. That way you can see how much delay there is between call
notification being received and the ringing starting. It could be related to
system load and/or memory usage too of course.