Freerunner in real world

EdorFaus edorfaus at xepher.net
Wed Sep 16 23:22:11 CEST 2009

Cry wrote:
> Michael Pilgermann <KichKasch <at> gmx.de> writes:
>> also with some troubles with the sun making the
>> reading from the display rather hard
>
> Does anyone have a solution for this?  I can't see the screen on my
> freerunner when I am in sunshine.  It is completely washed out.
>
> Does anyone have an anti-glare coating they've used on their freerunner
> successfully?

I don't remember who/where recommended it to me (was on a web page,
probably a blog or similar), but shortly after getting my FR I bought
one each of these screen protectors: [1] [2]

My main concern was protecting the screen from scratches, but it's not
like reducing glare was a bad thing either. I figured I'd try them both
out and see which I liked best, since they were fairly cheap, and the
page said it would be a personal preference (both being good).

At the moment I'm not 100% sure which one I ended up using, but I
*think* it's [1] - and I can't recall having any major problems using
the screen outdoors afterwards (as long as the angle isn't precisely
wrong, in which case you'd just tilt the FR slightly or move your head).

YMMV, I'm up north, and haven't used it all that much while outdoors...

Applying it to the FR's screen required taking the front cover off, as
the protector is slightly larger than the visible screen area (but not
really any larger than the screen itself IIRC). This wasn't difficult,
and hasn't caused me any problems (as far as I'm aware, of course).

[1]
http://shop.brando.com/bw-dc-dv-screen-protector-3-5-inch-_p01005c0019d008.html
[2]
http://shop.brando.com/bw-ultraclear-dc-dv-s-p-3-5-inch-_p00032c0018d008.html