Problems compiling the example project with OM toolchain

rhn omcomali.rhn at porcupinefactory.org
Thu Sep 17 16:51:02 CEST 2009

Hi,
I'm trying to set up the toolchain to get to hack some code, but I encountered a problem during the om-conf phase:

configure:3041: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:3063: ccache arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv4t -mtune=arm920t -isystem/mnt/stor/rhn/play/openmoko/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/include -fexpensive-optimizations -fomit-frame-pointer -frename-registers -Os -isystem/mnt/stor/rhn/play/openmoko/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/include -L/mnt/stor/rhn/play/openmoko/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/lib -Wl,-rpath-link,/mnt/stor/rhn/play/openmoko/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/lib -Wl,-O1 conftest.c  >&5
Assembler messages:
Fatal error: Invalid -march= option: `armv4t'

I'm not sure what causes this message, and don't know what to do about that. Could that be the as version included in my distro?
The toolchain version is the x86_64 version from 2008-09.
I'm using the script as an unprivileged user, having installed the toolchain in /home/user/openmoko (after updating files referring to /usr/local/openmoko to use this path instead).

Thanks for help

rhn