Some QtMoko questions

Chris Parich rooly4 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 08:50:06 CEST 2009

Hi guys, this is my first time posting, so howdy.

Just a few questions about qtmoko, and wondering if anyone else has the same
issues as I do.

First off, email. I can't get Google POP or anything SSL related to work out
of the box. email TLS does tho, is this just me, do I need to install some
package, any help would be appreciated.

Secondly, I remember it was quite easy to store media to the uSD card by
default in the original 4.3.2 release of qtopia, is there any way to do this
with qtmoko?

Are alarms working yet? they don't seem to work when I input events into the
calender, and I don't get a wake up alarm either. It'd be nice if this would
work, altho its not entirely necessary.

Lastly, on my Freerunner, the cell signal strength always reports low except
when switching towers. I know the signal is quite strong, especially at my
apartment, seeing as I'm less than 1000 ft. from a tower and I'm on the 2nd
floor. But I only have 1 bar. Maybe some line of code in the chain is
looking for a positive number and getting a negative instead, IE wanting >0,
but getting -96db or some-odd. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed
this issue. It was never a problem with the original 4.3.2 all the way up to
4.4.2

Great work on it by the way, thanks for all the quality you've put into this
piece of software!