browsing: enforce layout for mobile devices

Marcel tanuva at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 21 14:12:51 CEST 2009

Am Montag, den 21.09.2009, 10:28 +0200 schrieb Adolph J. Vogel:
> Webservices do this by identifying the user agent string of the browser. The
> midori version (0.1.9) I have on my desktop allows you to change this string
> to something like the iphone one. And works quite well on all the mobile
> versions of sites I tested. The only one that didnt work is gmail :(

The Gmail layout always limits itself to about 2/3 of the window's width
instead of using the whole screen. Is there anything I could do about it
except filing a bug for midori? Or is midori innocent and google does
some evil hacks there to look nice on that damn iPhone (that has a
smaller resolution -> less width on screen)?
Last.FM mobile adapts perfectly fine by the way.

> Midori in the shr feeds is quite old (0.1.2), and as far as I know does not
> have this functionality. Perhaps if the shr-devs could update the midori
> version in the feeds...

0.1.10 is in SHR-U, changing the ua-string works fine for me.