Qi - how do I make it boot from another partition on the SD card?

Marc Andre Tanner openmoko at brain-dump.org
Mon Sep 21 15:18:21 CEST 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 01:10:40PM +0100, Petr Vanek wrote:

> >> A tiny root filesystem which presents some kind of menu and then uses
> >> kexec to start the new kernel. I have recently started to work (well
> >> if time permits) on this kind of thing.
> >
> >Feel free to ping me on irc for suggestions how to use external
> >initramfs with Qi.

Thanks Paul I will come back to that later (I actually have some questions
regarding it).

> i have tried this before by using kexec, please search the devel
> archives. as i am not a coder, i needed to use X that made it huge and
> quite slow for this purpose, if you can make it working directly with fb
> it would be awesome :)

Yeah I have read the thread. You got it down to ~12sec if I remember
correctly. I will probably post to -devel to outline my ideas and get
some general input from others once I got a bit further.

Marc

--
 Marc Andre Tanner >< http://www.brain-dump.org/ >< GPG key: CF7D56C0