tangogps 0.9.7 release

Marcus Bauer marcus.bauer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 18:43:37 CEST 2009

Heya out there!

First of all thanks for the many positive emails I got over the last
months, motivating me to bring a new release of tangoGPS to the coolest
open hardware gadget on earth - the openmoko phone.

The new features include:

 * overzoom until level 20
 * upscaling of missing tiles
 * a map scale indicator
 * overhauled "this point" function
   - easy measuring of distances and ways
   - display of bearing = useful for navigation
 * friend function simplified and you can now add a message
   to your position

As always, it runs well on your laptop/netbook too. The full release
announcement is here:

 http://www.tangogps.org/gps/cat/News

I am currently looking for cool stories/photos/blog entries for
featuring on the website. Thus send me your stories, pictures or links
- be it on the Freerunner or any other device.

Have fun!
Marcus