new Android Cupcake release for Freerunner

Niels Heyvaert nielsheyvaert at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 22 11:07:30 CEST 2009

> Hi Neils,
>
> It's unfortunate that Koolu has gone unresponsive. I know maddog was at one point reading this list - if he still is, perhaps he can comment on the status of things.

A question was raised on the Koolu forum asking for the plans with Android on the Freerunner. An email was sent to Brian, Jon and Marcelo to find out more. The same message was also posted to the mailing list hosted by Koolu. Nobody from Koolu's side responded. Makes it pretty obvious that it is not their priority to keep things going...

> The google code wiki is kinda sparse (understandable since it's so new), and the android sections on the openmoko wiki seem to be quite out of date.

You're right and we already started organising ourselves to improve things.

> Is there a summary somewhere around what works and what doesn't, and how close it is to being usable as an 'every day' phone?

That is actually a good idea to put this on the Wiki. I've seen other distros doing the same. Will take this up in our discussions about the Wiki pages.

Thanks for your input! Feel free to contribute more or join the discussion group ;-)

In any case, we'll keep you and everybody posted on news and updates.

Niels.