Some QtMoko questions

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Sep 22 12:48:47 CEST 2009

Chris Parich wrote:

> Hi guys, this is my first time posting, so howdy.

Welcome :)

> Just a few questions about qtmoko, and wondering if anyone else has the same
> issues as I do.
>
> First off, email. I can't get Google POP or anything SSL related to work out
> of the box. email TLS does tho, is this just me, do I need to install some
> package, any help would be appreciated.

No idea here, sorry :( You can enable logging and maybe find some hints
in the log.

> Secondly, I remember it was quite easy to store media to the uSD card by
> default in the original 4.3.2 release of qtopia, is there any way to do this
> with qtmoko?

Do you remember where one could set this? It would be very useful to
have this option. If the option was in 4.3.2 it should be in QtMoko too
unless someone has removed it.

> Are alarms working yet? they don't seem to work when I input events into the
> calender, and I don't get a wake up alarm either. It'd be nice if this would
> work, altho its not entirely necessary.

I have now workaround for working alarms. I tested several times and it
seems to work just fine.

The workaround is to set alarm, open media player (not QMplayer) and
play some song. Then suspend phone with short POWER press while song is
playing.

In the morning alarm will wake the phone up and it will continue
playing.

Btw the media player can now play just wav. If you want ogg then put
attached file to /opt/qtmoko/plugins/codecs/libtremorplugin.so

Hopefully next version will have full working alarm.

> Lastly, on my Freerunner, the cell signal strength always reports low except
> when switching towers. I know the signal is quite strong, especially at my
> apartment, seeing as I'm less than 1000 ft. from a tower and I'm on the 2nd
> floor. But I only have 1 bar. Maybe some line of code in the chain is
> looking for a positive number and getting a negative instead, IE wanting >0,
> but getting -96db or some-odd. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed
> this issue. It was never a problem with the original 4.3.2 all the way up to
> 4.4.2

No idea here too...

> Great work on it by the way, thanks for all the quality you've put into this
> piece of software!

Glad to hear this.

Regards

Radek