[debian?] xserver-xorg-video-glamo very slow with navit

Thomas White taw at bitwiz.org.uk
Tue Sep 22 16:42:18 CEST 2009

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 14:30:06 +0200
"arne anka" <openmoko at ginguppin.de> wrote:

> navit came up alright, but it was sloooow. at a point very early it
> stopped rerendering altogether, the cpu monitor constantly hit 100% and
> never came down again.
> looking with top showed X at 50-60%, often even more and never falling
> below 50%.
> thus, it was completely unusable.

I'd noticed X.org being very slow with GTK programs as well - e.g. tab
switching in TangoGPS takes several seconds, and scrolling is much less
repsonsive than in Kdrive.   At first I attributed it to GEM overheads in the
DRI driver, but then I noticed that it happens with the mainline (non-KMS)
driver as well.  So far, I have no idea at all what's causing it...

Tom

--
Thomas White <taw at bitwiz.org.uk>