Updated package for the puzzle collection

EdorFaus edorfaus at xepher.net
Wed Sep 23 16:22:40 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 22 September 2009 16:53:41 Aapo Rantalainen wrote:
> Looks nice. Release makefile in any place and put link to mailing list.

Well, here's the (cleaned-up) patch for the makefile generator at least.
I've sent this upstream, so hopefully it'll compile out of the box soon.

> 27 icons in desktop is way too much. Make a simple application or
> script that loads all icons and shows them with name of game and then
> user can click which want to play (or quit). Then execute that binary.

You make it sound so easy...
I've never done GUI programming in C before, nor any programming at all in
Python or Perl... I've mostly done PHP and Java the last few years. Do you
have any hints as to where I should start, to make something like this?

> No monolithic binary.

Agreed. Not by my hand anyway - I've got better things to spend my time on.

> Are some of these games un-playable with touchscreen? Maybe they can
> be dropped until it is fixed.

At least one is (pattern), though I'm intending to try to fix that (see below).
Not sure if I want to remove it just because of that though, it seems some
people have setups that let them right-click (e.g. using literki), and pattern
was present in oh-puzzles too.

Some other games are more difficult without right-clicking, but still playable.

> If any game can be modified
> one-button-friendly maybe upstream is interested in it too.

I'm intending to try to do this modification, and have asked upstream if they'd
be interested in those changes. Can't promise anything about when though.

Oh, and not so much modify the game itself, but making right-click emulation
possible in the gtk game frontend, for those games that need it.

--
EdorFaus