QtMoko - v11 - WiFi take 2

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 09:15:25 CEST 2009

Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox at gmail.com> writes:
> Is there a switch (software) that must be turned on to active the
> radio of the WLAN on the FreeRunner?  Perhaps I am missing something
> very obvious here....  (But if the radio was off, 'iwlist eth0 scan'
> wouldn't show anything, right?)

Right. There's a switch, one sometimes needs to manually bind s3c-mci
and/or load ar6000 module. But if iwlist eth0 scan works, it's already
turned on.

What i'd recommend is to use wpa_supplicant manually and look at its
output carefully. Also you might need "wmiconfig" trick or sometimes
to just change AP.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com